Friday, September 07, 2007

Easy practices at Alabama?

Is there a difference in the intensity on Alabama's football team in 2006 and 2007?

Here's a link and a quote...

After choosing Alabama over Florida State during his recruitment, Dial arrived to find that college practices weren't as tough as what he was doing in Mobile. "He loved Shula and loved the coaching staff, but it wasn't quite as intense as he thought it would be, which it is now," Billy Dial said. "I think he made the comment that, 'Now it's like I thought it would be the first day I walked onto campus.' It's just what he was accustomed to." Asked if he made the right decision coming to Alabama, Preston Dial said he is more sure now than he was before. "I think it was one of the greatest things that happened to us," he said of the coaching change. "No offense to our old staff, who I love, but I think it's better for the personnel we have. "We have an exciting group. We're full of passion now."

1 comment:

Sharp said...

I sense a lot of that. When you watch interviews with he players now they say things like, "Man, our practices are killer," but they're smiling ear-to-ear the whole time. They're already seeing the benefits and they know they are going to surprise some people. I'm pretty amped, too.